- Add-on inertia by upper or lower discontinuous reinforcement (flange on Kerto-S or Kerto-Q, fixed with screws).
If the support of the wooden beam is clean, tapering may not be fixed to the support.
- Add-on inertia by upper or lower continuous reinforcement (flange on Kerto-Q fixed with screws) and reconstruction of the diaphragm. Delivery of the component more complicated due to the large area. The rigidity of the final structure is more important.
-Preservation of the existing structure and the appearance (for artistic, historical or cultural reasons)
-Increase the structure carrying capacity
- Possibility of using handable element
- Possibility of not intervening on top or underside of the joist structure –
- use of a minimum wood volume
- Stiffness, thermal expansion and moisture absorption are equivalent between existing element and the reinforcing element fiability of the reinforcement
A method for the calculation of the load-carrying capacity of mechanically jointed beams is given in Annex B
The residual cross-section and the quality of the existing beam must be evaluated (considering cracks, slope of grain, knots etc.) because existing beam should be considered in the design.
Increase the structure carrying capacity
Kerto-Q & Kerto-S
Avoid complete demolition of the floor (reduction of waste)
Optimization of the wodoen structure reinforcement (right volume of wood use)
Operation In Progress, Please Wait!!!